The SiCDual family of induction hardening generators corresponds to a range of generators for hardening non-regular surfaces covering power levels up 800 kW (400 kW MF + 400 kW HF) and frequencies up to 25 kHz for the MF output and 400 kHz for the HF output.
SiCDual generators are based on the ultimate power electronics technologies as Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOS Transistors, advanced DC link using antiferroelectric capacitors, ultrafast high isolation circuitry and advanced transistor driving circuits and fully digital controller all integrated in a PCB, allowing inverter efficiencies up to 99% @ 400 kHz and consequently very small and compact chillers.
SiCDual generators are specifically designed for the hardening of non-regular surfaces, as gears and pinions, and can be used in spin as well as in tooth-by-tooth hardening applications, depending on the module and size of the workpiece.
SiCDual generators allows Sequential Dual hardening processes with one or two heating inductors as well as Simultaneous Dual Frequency Hardening processes.
In combination with SiCDual generators, SiCtech offers standard as well as custom design heating stations for single, sequential dual or simultaneous Dual frequency processes, integrating in a, up to 10 m., separate cabinet high efficient output transformer, resonant capacitors and if needed a matching transformer, that could be placed near the heating workpiece.
THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF SiCtech TECHNOLOGY
- Total power up to 800 kW
- Maximum MF Power: 400 kW
- Maximum HF Power: 400 kW
- MF frequency range: 8 – 25 kHz
- HF frequency range: 100 – 400 kHz
- Extremely high efficiency inclusive at frequencies as high as 400 kHz.
- Customised output power combinations according the application
- Very small size and weight.
- Very high robustness due to the use of SiC MOS Transistors.
- Very easy use of the generator due to the use of advanced algorithms that auto-adjust the generator depending on the required heating process
- Sequential Dual frequency Hardening processes with one heating inductor
- Sequential Dual frequency Hardening processes with two heating inductors
- Simultaneous Dual Frequency gear hardening processes
The SiCDual Family Features & Subsystems
SiCDual generators can handle sequential and simultaneous hardening processes with frequencies in the MF range between 8 – 25 kHz and in the HF range between 100 – 400 kHz. The supply voltage is 400 VAC ± 10 % and the system is water-cooled. SiCDual generators include a Siemens PLC with communication via industrial busses like Profinet, Modbus, Ethernet etc.
The SiCDual generators are based in the 100 & 200 kW MF and in the 100 kW HF SiCtech power modules. These modules integrate, in both cases, the same core controller that includes all the features needed in an induction heating application.
In combination with SiCDual power supply unit, SiCtech offers custom design of dual frequency heating stations integrating in a, up to 10 m., separate cabinet highly efficient output transformer, resonant capacitors. Dual frequency heating stations for sequential dual frequency or simultaneous dual frequency applications cover a range of frequencies between 8 and 25 kHz and 100 to 400 kHz for heating for hardening in sequential dual or simultaneous dual frequency hardening processes.
A highly interactive and comprehensible HMI based on Siemens PLC 1200, guides the user in any interaction with the generator as the starting up, the resonant frequency selection by autotuning, the matching of the load etc. and provides information on the status and working conditions of the generator at any time.
- Up to 800 kW.
- 8-25 kHz in the MF power output
- 100-400 kHz in the HF power output
- Sequential Dual Hardening processes: 8-25 kHz/100-400 kHz (sequential)
- Simultaneous Dual Hardening processes: 8-25 kHz/100-400 kHz (simultaneous)
- Different power combinations for the HF and MF outputs
- Energy monitoring.
- Extremely compact and efficient.
Need further infomation?
Our team is looking forward to hear about you. We are willing to know your needs in order to help you in every aspect related to induction.
Do not hesitate to contact us.