Brazing of short circuit rings of electrical motors
Short-circuit ring is brazed to rotors in electric motors, particularly in the motors called “squirrel cage”, name used to call the rotor and the whole motor itself. The temperature homogenity in the ring is absolutely critical to meet the technical requirements in the final motor or generator. So the control process and brazing experience in this field are a must.
SiCtech Induction provides solutions covering either Medium to High Power motors and generators with more than 30 year experience around the world. This application in part of a wider portfolio for this industry.
INDUCTION BRAZING BENEFITS vs ALTERNATIVE PROCESSES
- Controlled process: homogenization of the heating and temperature control all around the ring
- Fast process (higher power density), about 10 times less than flame
- Heating by ramps totally controlled and warranted or even cooling by ramps
- Repeatability and traceability
- No derusting required
- Less distortions, no rebalanced required
- Low oxide formation
- Operator expertise brazing skills are not too critical
- Running costs lower than torch
ECO & USER-FRIENDLY OPERATION
- Safer process: no flame or gas, minimized risks
- Clear view of the process by operator at any moment
- Environmental friendly
- Easy to remove fumes
SICTECH INDUCTION SOLUTION
SiCtech Induction Solutions for short-circuit ring brazing cover either Medium to High Power motors and generators.
- Specialized coil for extreme temperature uniformity all over the ring
- Advanced temperature control either fully automized process or managed by the brazer
- Expert support on the application
- On-site support during the ramp-up production
Rotor Short circuit ring brazing
Stator Copper Strip brazing
Rotor Shaft shrink fitting
Housing shrink fitting
Need further infomation?
Our team is looking forward to hear about you. We are willing to know your needs in order to help you in every aspect related to induction.
Do not hesitate to contact us.